Friday, September 9, 2011

restless...

Well, I really cant sleep tonight so I thought I would post this weeks blocks. I don't know what it is, I just cant seem to shut off the brain tonight. I'm thinking about next weekends craft show and all that I would like to get done. Also, that I really miss PEI, I just cant seem to get it out of my head this time as quickly. I know being on vacation is different and that you always miss it, but it's more than that. I miss the quite, just the chirp of crickets and the rustle of leaves, and how dark it gets there at night. I miss the trip to the beach at dusk, and the long country roads where the trees have totally grown over, and you rarity of other cars on those roads. I know it sounds crazy but I also miss, the smile on my dogs face after he is totally tired out from swimming, and we have just dried him off with the towels. Even the twinkle in James' eye, that even he is not aware is there. I also miss sitting down at the table for dinner with Grampa, listening to his stories about the days that have passed. My favourite this year was how he walked from Crapaud to the farm in Brookvale in snow that was up to his knees, just so he could see my Nanny. Sure, it was long, but he said the mickey that was in his pocket kept him warm for most of the walk. I know this feeling will subside until we make plans for our next drive down, but I wonder if...ah, I am actually not going to finish that sentence tonight. It is probably what the lack of sleep is doing to me but some things are just better left unsaid.

So it is kind of ironic that this week one of my farmer's wife blocks has a tiny little country cottage in it...

Week 15 : blocks #2 and #40



I am hoping with my next post I will show those of you reading this, some pictures of my most favourite place. Goodnight, sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment