Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas is really coming!!!

We are only 26 sleeps away from the big day! We are renovating the house and that means all off our ornaments/decorations are in storage. So it might be and ornament less Christmas, and I am not sure how I feel about that. I really love unwrapping all of my little sparkle ornaments. Each one that gets unwrapped brings a sense of nostalgia, I remember the time, place or the who that the ornament came from. Also, all of my Christmas crafty-ness has been packed away aswell, who would of thought that our tiny basement reno would turn into a major waterproofing ordeal. So, to get me in the spirit of the season, since our outdoor lights are also in storage, I decided to make our front door a wreath. I have been inspired by all the lovely yarn and felt wreaths I have been seeing on etsy, so I said why not try it myself. Last night, while watching the very scary "Walking Dead", I wrapped the foam wreath with some scrap quilt batting and the two types of yarn, the cat really loved this part. Tonight maybe I will try to make some felt decorations for it, youtube has been very helpful with some how too videos. Stay tuned for some pictures of the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment