Monday, August 8, 2011

all caught up....

Well after posting my first 14 blocks on flickr awhile back I had a look at the chats that the group was having regarding various aspects of the quilt. After reading one about the size the blocks should be I realized, to my horror, that I had miss-interpreted the book and trimmed all my blocks to the wrong size!! %$#@*! So after a marathon of cutting and sewing I re-did the first 14 to the proper size....so I am back on track and here are my blocks for weeks #9 and #10. Let me know what you think, but I have a new favourite.

Week #9 : blocks #58 and #77


I was so excited when I finished block #58, it has moved to the top of the leader board for favourite block!! I love the orange dog fabric and the best part for me is the way the beagle-ish dog is cropped and looking in at everyone else.

Week #10 : blocks #72 and #111


I am still on the fence about week 10's blocks...like the fabrics on there own, but I am not sure I love them together...hmmm

Hope everyone, is enjoying there summer. At work we just had the annual "Taste of the Danforth", CRAZY!! So now that that is done we are officially heading into our "fall" season! Can you believe it? James, Fergus and I are off at the end of the week for 2 weeks in PEI, I cant wait. I just picked up my new sunglasses for the drive, they should be a lot better than squinting into the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment